10.12.2007

Moving on, moving out...

As I sat here at work listening to Massive Attack, I began to wonder what it would be like if I were hearing the same song while in another state.

However before I continue, let em give you a rundown on things... for starters, my girl and I are about to make one year being together. Unfortunately, we live too damn far to see each other often. As a result, we've been subjected to NWA and their crap-ass flights as a means of getting to see each other. Recently, we spoke of where to move (since I've spoken of leaving NYC). One such place was Chicago... the other would have probably been somewhere in Michigan (NOT Detroit).

Continuing on, I sat here and wondered "how would it feel if I lived in the Michigan suburbs"? Would Massive Attack sound heavier and more dreary than it does when I listen to it on the 21st floor of an office building? What happens if I want some more noise around me? My only option would be to play music at home or drive to a bar for a drink with the locals (which I won't know). Now that I think of it... let me make a short list of five pros/cons of staying or moving.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you... The List:

New York - Pros
- Whether it be 1am or 10pm, I can get something to eat any time
- Bars close at 4am
- All four seasons are represented here
- Owning a car is a luxury, not a necessity
- Diverse, from the people to the style to the food

New York - Cons
- Fucking expensive
- Asshole cops
- Target city for terrorists
- Noisy
- Stressful

Out of New York - Pros
- Cheaper
- I can own a car and not worry about theft or vandalism
- Better chance of owning a home
- Less stressful; calmer
- New experience

Out of New York - Cons
- Slow, boring, and quiet
- Potential discrimination (I'm a minority from a large city)
- Less job opportunities
- Two words: Cabin Fever
- Wild animals with rabies (LoL)

I dunno people... they're pretty close. I think I'll weigh the options again in a few months.

No comments: