10.11.2007

I'm gonna milk 'em for what they've got...

Ok, so I received my health benefits package from my new employer (as of November 1st) a couple of hours ago. After reviewing the shit, I've realized that we're all being jerked! I currently pay about $57 for medical insurance... through my new employer, it comes out to $80! And they only have ONE fucking choice in carrier (albeit 3 options). Their vision and dental plans are aight, but how often does one use those? The again... how often do I use medical? Ah, fuck it - I guess I'll be choosing the FSA.

Now, the only bright thing about this was their tuition reimbursement. They reimburse 100% for education related to the company industry or my job function (which is no biggie, but it prevents me from getting that bachelors in Professional Glassblowing I was considering). Another cool thing is that they pay the first 50% of the costs once I'm registered for my courses. Now, I wanted to return to the college I initially began with in 1998; however, their tuition has risen to the astronomical cost of $30K+!!! I sure hope the Federal Department of Education hooks it up. Otherwise, I might be assed out.

Stay tuned!

No comments: