10.11.2007

Tattoo and me...

So for the last couple of years, I've been planning on getting a tattoo. At first, I had no idea what I wanted or where I wanted to put it. It wasn't until last week (while hanging out with my friend, Lori) that I realized how far I've come....

Lori is one of the few friends I know that have a tattoo (or in her case, tattoos). I guess her tats were how I got into the thought of getting one. I saw it as art, as well as an impression of one's character and personal meaning. Everyone has a reason for getting one (although some fuck up by getting them done on a whim, bet, or drunken decision).

Anyway, getting back to my point... I have two designs (yes, two) that I want to get. I plan on getting the smallest one first, so I know what to expect from the tattoo pain that comes with new body art. The pic below is the design, and I plan on getting it on my inner left upper arm. I'd like to aim for getting it the same size as a playing card:



It won't look as cruddy as that pic, since I have a larger picture at home. That pic reminds me of when my sister and I were younger. My mom and dad always told us that the children in that photo were us, and that God and the angels always looked after us whether they were around or not (the mere typing of this sentence has my eyes wellin'). It means alot, since my dad has passed and I view him as one of the angels watching over us.

I already have the artist in mind, and I plan on making an appointment with him sometime this winter (since the season would give me better reason to cover it up from the sun). Hopefully, it won't cost much... but even if it does, I can't put a price on a memory I'll have forever.

No comments: