1.26.2008

Juno Rocks... Vodka Can Be Evil...

So I never got around to posting my usual workout stats yesterday. In all honesty, I think Friday should be my "day off" and not Thursday or whatever. Friday just took over me, and injected my body with laziness. I still worked out, but not with the intensity and commitment that I have the last few days. I ended up eating crap, drinking soda (in my offense, it was mixed with vodka), and half-assing my exercise time.

As an aside, I had this HUGE argument with my girlfriend (again). Things were said (real bad things) that might change the face of our relationship... or whatever is left if it. I'm beginning to wonder if she still loves me the same way she used to. There are things that are coming out now that never surfaced during our first year of being together. Could it be the close proximity to each other? Maybe our differences are showing? Or could it just be me and my shit fucking it up? No matter what, I'm committed to making this work. However, I am NOT committed to losing (which is my stubbornness talking... one of the reason we argued last night). The way I see it, things are going to be rough the next few days. As I type, she is somewhere wandering the city. She has not called me, nor do I believe she will return tonight (possibly calling up a friend and staying over). I just hope she's ok.

Back to the workout project > > >
So after my girlfriend left, I decided to use my time for something good. What did I do? I went to the running track, of course! The Parks Department built a new track near where I live (due to the destruction of the old one by construction the new Yankee Stadium). I don't know how large it is (long? round?), but I completed 15 rotations around the track. Now on to the usual stats:

Weigh-in came in at 193lbs.

The workout lasted for about an hour (not including about 30 minutes at the track).

My BMI was 26.9 (labeling me as overweight according to the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute).

Food I ate so far today: Half of a ham & cheese sandwich from the deli.

Liquids I drank so far today: Malta when I woke up, water right now, vodka and juice later

Oh, and I saw the movie Juno last night. Awesome shit... should win a couple of awards. I recommend it to anyone who likes real movies (and not the sappy, dramatic garbage Hollywood likes to churn out).

1 comment:

Ms. DeLeon said...

I liked Juno too, and I loved the soundtrack...hopefully I'll get it from Nao before the year ends :-)

It's funny that you mentioned the track, because I was there on Friday taking pictures, well I was on the bridge :-) Look at it here~~~> track@macombs bridge