1.31.2008

Blood Donations and Cheez-It Sprinkles...

Yeah, I know... I've been slacking off. I forgot to post my weigh-in totals on Tuesday. I did work out, I just forgot to type everything. Yep... not just the workout was the highlight of the night. So check this: after my workout, I start to relax in bed while watching TV. It's starting to get late when my sister calls my cell phone (mind you, her room borders mine). I automatically think she's going to bitch about the TV noise as I answer her call. What was the issue? There was a mouse trapped in her room! And when I mean trapped, I mean it was stuck on TWO mouse traps. She had to keep her dog at bay, since he's notorious for attacking helpless rodents that intrude on his domain (i.e. he's way better than a fuckin' cat). So I go into her room, sandwich the mouse between the traps, and throw it in a shopping bag. I felt sad for the lil guy, since he just stared at me from below the bag (like his eyes were asking me to release him). I took this picture to show you all:



So I tie the bag up, and walk it outside the building (cuz I didn't want that shit in my kitchen). And that was the end of a crazy Tuesday night.

On Wednesday, my building was hosting a blood drive. Since I love to help others, I always donate blood when I can. So I go down to the drive, and I'm asked to particpate in a new process of donating. They called it donating "double red". Basically, you're stuck with a needle that has tubes leading into a machine. The machine separates your blood into plasma, saline, and red blood cells. They only keep the red blood cells, while the other shit is remixed and pumped back into you. It sounded crazy, but I'm always down for trying something new. So after the first cycle, things were all good... then the pain came. During the second cycle of "re-inserting my blood", I began to feel pressure around the needle. The pain was more like discomfort, and I ended up having to hold an ice pack on my arm to lower the swelling. Long story short, I gave blood... got some Cheez-Its and water to recoup... and a flashlight for my troubles.

Ok, so now it's Thursday. After having my fun last night (I drank beer... I'm so evil), I plan on reverting back to my routine today. If I don't post weigh-in totals tonight, you all have the right to hunt me down and pelt me with water ballons.

No comments: